I present to you the Best of 2013: A mixtape of shitty pop, ridiculous hip-hop, & love/hate songs. Also, Beyoncé.
This happens to Kaylee and I quite often.
As much as I love Flink Fest, it will never be WeLAF. Rest in peace We Love America Fest. I will miss you just as much as I miss the rest of my college life.
Obviously, Sioux Falls is the greatest city in the world, but which Midwest place does it better: Des Moines or Minneapolis?
I experienced a lot of outstanding things in Des Moines this past weekend. The Farmer’s Market is one of the top ten in the nation, the sculpture park was beautiful, and the company was unrivaled. I mean, look at these ladies. Seriously. We had a sweat pant dance party, drinks on the roof, a pool party, Corona’s for breakfast, Whitney voicemails, and an unintentional slumber party. It was glorious.
But can all this top a night at Spin with Kristin? How about a random run in with Adam? Stella’s oysters, Twins baseball, and a make-over at MAC? Only time will tell.
(p.s. - I want both of theses nights to happen all over again.)
Soothing my soul with a warm evening on the deck with some Cherry Berry. After gorgeous days like today, I get why some cultures worship the sun. (Taken with instagram)
Weiland family band (Taken with instagram)
Instead of being annoyed by sequins or disgusted by communal objects, today I actually like things. Perhaps it’s inspired by the spring-like weather and regular thunderstorms that feed the soul of a Midwest gal, but I’m not annoyed. For the moment.
Here are a few of my favorite things:
- Freshly brushed teeth
- Clean shaven legs and freshly washed sheets
- Sweet smell of sweaty horses
- Putting Chapstick on when my lips are dry
- Feeling of dewy grass between my toes
- Going barefoot
- Waking up to no alarm
- Laughing so hard my eyes tear up
- A hug from my dad
- Driving down highway 65 with the windows down on my way to Klein Ranch
- Drawing on eyeliner perfectly on the first try
- A clear night to see the stars
- Falling asleep next to my husband
- Winning a game of pinochle
- Hearing a song I love performed live
- Dance parties
- Hobo Day
- The way a song can take you back to a specific time in your life
- Cold sheets
- Taking my bra off after a long day
- The smell of clothes dried outside on the clothes line
- Friendships that pick up right where you left off even after being away from each other for years
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Midnight swimming
- Patio drinking
- Curling up with a good book, whether it’s on my couch with the fireplace rolling during a snow day or laying out at the beach. I love a good recreational read.
* Flinking is combination of two of my favorite things: floating and drinking. Typical activity for the 4th of July celebration.
Missing the beach. I could use some sun & a swim. (Taken with instagram)